Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 16, 2008 - Dear DTs,

Dear DTs,
I'm glad I made the trip and that we were able (just barely) to have our historic reunion. I'm sorry I had to leave just after Henry arrived. But it's great that we were able to get the picture of all nine of us together. Not sure any of us remember the last time we were together and not sure if any of us are confident that it'll ever happen again.

Reunions are always weird in the sense that you get to see where people that you knew ages ago ended up. With this group it's even more meaningful since we were friends during our (god I hate that I'm using this phrase) formative years.

And how weird is it that I had my second child the day Pudd dropped his oldest off at college?

I'm not sure where I put myself in that marriage pool we did ages ago. If I remember my own childhood correctly, I don't even remember thinking I'd ever be married. Perhaps I just listed my name in the lower half because at that point in my life I did some stuff (believe it or not) just to fit in. Actually, I think Chicken won the pool mainly because he listed me on the bottom. Maybe he (and all y'all) knew me better than I knew myself.

Well here we are after nine marriages, two divorces, too many kids for me to count at 2am and -- ahhhhhhhhhhh, I hate this -- one bad illness.

I know my kids will one day hear stories about my school years (whether they want to or not) and they'll hear about all of you. We had great times. Every time I think about any of you I think about all of you and all the stuffs we did.

Now I've got two sons. I'm sure they'll do some stuffs I did (please don't tell them everything). I hope they develop a group like I did.

No comments: