Thursday, September 4, 2008

August 25, 2008 - Dear Maria and Jeff,

Dear Maria and Jeff,
As much as I thank you for everything you did during the delivery, I thank you for the phone call a couple days later. You told me the experience was the biggest thing you remember doing. That pretty much says it all.

I have to admit that before it all happened I had no idea how comfortable I was with the idea of anyone being in the room when my child was going to be born. Even my image of a dullah was skewed. Somehow I imagined that what Irma would really only need was a quick massage of the back or shoulders early on in the labor process. I figured the two of us would then be alone during the delivery.

Instead what we got was team of helpers, a festive atmosphere and an incredible experience that we will never forget.

Perhaps Jeff summed it up best (and maybe started the party): "I'm not leaving until someone kicks me out."

Thanks for everything! You guys were incredible.

We asked for someone to give Irma massages during the labor. What we got was a couple of massage pros that jumped right in and litteraly helped form head to toe (with some photography and videography thrown in as well).


Lentil may not yet have a name. What he does have is an instant family!

No comments: