Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August 24, 2008 - Dear Grandma,

Dear Grandma,
Your fifth grandchild decided to come exactly a month early yet he waited until you had time to get here from Chicago. I'm happy you were able to share this incredible moment with us.

Irma had been in labor on-and-off for some 30 hours when I saw you walk into the room. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking or feeling at that moment. Thus, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you then or soon afterwards how glad I was that you were there.

Having kids obviously brings back parts of my own childhood and has made me realize all you had to sacrifice and endure for me and my brothers. Sometimes I felt guilty for not saying thanks enough times for all that. Having kids has made me realize that you didn't do any of it to be thanked; you did with the hope that we'd end up happy and healthy.

So, more than thanks I say you succeeded. I'm happy and healthy. And on top of that, I now have a wife and two sons.

No comments: