Wednesday, March 7, 2012

October 6, 2011 Dear Adam Smith,

Dear Adam Smith,
If I have my way, my kids are going to disappoint you.

We took them to Disney on Ice tonight.   At the end of the night, we let them each buy one gift.

"Exactly," you say." That's what it's all about.  Getting the kids to want things."

Well, I know they're my kids and I'm a bit blind to some stuffs.  However, I'm proud that they've learned that we don't buy stuffs just to buy and it's unusual that we go to things like this let alone buy stuff.  At Disney for a week last year:  one watch each.  At Disney on Ice:  one binoculars and one Buzz Light Year.

The economy aint going to turn around based on my kids' spending.  And that's a good thing.  Perhaps painful to the American Way of Life.  But good for the planet.

No comments: