Wednesday, March 7, 2012

October 30, 2011 Dear Alex,

Dear Alex,
Here's a few things I wanted to share:

1)  Last week you were getting ready to go with me to a Titans game.  You were very excited to be able to go wearing your football chones.


2)  I heard this quote from actor/director John Turturro that I wanted to share.

"It's better to be tired because you're challenged then tired because you're bored."


Too frequently I've been bored because I was bored.  I found few people who could successfully motivate me.  I found ways to challenge myself.   Most of those ways have been healthy.  I've been able to stop myself from doing silly things just to challenge myself.

I hope you figure this out for yourself.

3) You complained this week that you don't like to go to the playground because the kids are rough.  "They call me small," you said.  "What do you do?"  "I make funny faces at them."

4)  Another quote.  This one from singer Tom Waites.

"Sometimes I wonder if I am eccentric or just wearing a funny hat?"

You, Alex, wear some funny hats.  You are wonderfully humorous, silly and sly.  Yet you are under control.

No comments: