Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, 2010 - Dear Alex,

Dear Alex,
A quick update...

Max and I think we heard you say duck yesterday. For some reason you love ducks. For awhile you were imitating Donald Duck.

Recently you got a duck with hearts for Valentines Day that you hugged all night and then a few weeks later you got a pirate duck, which you also held onto like it was the best thing in the world.


Your sleeping routine has changed a bit. After bath we try to give you a snack: apple, pear, or similar. You still fall asleep feeding. Now after a several weeks of sleeping with Max, we're back to putting you in the crib. You wake up. I pick you up and take you for some water. After you drink, you're ready for resuming sleep. You usually crash as soon as I lie you down.

Sometimes I put you on the couch while I play online poker or watch TV (like the other night when
we watched a tape delay of the gold medal Olympic hockey game). Other times it's right to the crib. Tonight actually you ended up back in bed with Max; it was the only way I was getting you to sleep.

And for some reason, Max has decided to start joining you for bath time. Before he would watch a cartoon while you bathed. Now he jumps in soon after you.


You are so anxious to learn and to do stuff. You remind me of me in that sense. Mama reported today that you follow her around the house helping to put away dirty clothes, wipe up spills or put away some dishes. When Max is around, you do what he does.
I feel closer to you lately.

We seem to spend more time together and you seem to be more willing to go for me when you need comforting rather than just mama. Of course, this makes me melt.


No comments: