Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December 30, 2008 Dear Alex,

Dear Alex,
I shaved my head today as a way to connect to you. You had your head shaved last week because mama believes that a baby should have it done at four months so its hair will grow in thick.

Your mama and I had no idea how hectic our lives would be with two children. Seems like we've barely had time to think and plan since you came along. For obvious reasons, mama has mainly taken care of you. This means my main job has been to take car of Max. Doesn't mean I love you any less -- it's just the way it is.

Lately I've been spending more time with you. Your growing and are alert for longer periods of time without needing to eat. Thus, mama can leave and I can hold you.

I'm learning to make you smile and to understand your moods.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

No comments: