Friday, October 5, 2012

December 19, 2011 Dear Cruise Director,

Dear Cruise Director,
Just wanted to write a quick note telling you how much stuff on this boat makes me laugh -- especially my boy Alex.

We put the X Boys in Camp Carnival for just a couple hours today to get a break.  First, I can't believe some parents leave their kids in there all day long -- including dinner!  Second, I can't believe some kids like being in there all day.  I think that's just something your camp people say.

My boys?  I asked them if they liked the camp.  "No," Max replied.  Why not?  "Because everyone has to do the same thing." 

It made me smile.  My boys are already Montessori kids!

Later, Alex started getting mad because a few ladies looked at him and laughed.

"They're laughing at me," he said not understanding that they were smiling and laughing because they thought he was "so cute."

My next favorite story of the trip had nothing to do with my boys.  A young girl told her mom she was tired of sitting for photos at the staged places on the boat.  "Do we have to do another one?" the daughter complained.  "We don't have to but we're going to because it's free."  The mom insisted on photo op after photo op until they got the perfect one for their holiday card.  "How many have you tried?"  one of the photographer asked.  "All of them," was the reply.

It all kind of reminded me of the food.  "We don't have to eat it all but we're going to because it's free" seemed to be the motto of most of the people on the boat.

Actually, that didn't make me laugh.  Kind of made me sick to see how much food everyone was eating -- especially the big dishes of ice cream for breakfast.

The funniest line of the trip went to my comedic Alex.

The boys were going back and forth about who should shower first.   Finally I said I was going to get something and while I was gone they should figure out who goes first.

Max did his best to con his brother into taking the shower first.

"When he gets back we'll both say Alex goes first," mama told me Max said.

"Yeah," Alex responded.  "And Max, you pretend to be Alex!"


No comments: