Thursday, January 5, 2012

August 13, 2011 Dear Crystal Ball,


Dear Crystal Ball,
Today Alex told me he wanted to be a soccer player and an astronaut. Of course it reminded me my childhood when I wanted to be a baseball player and an astronaut. Eventually I grew out of that stage and decided I was going to be a basketball player or the President. Then later it was Congressman or writer. And then somehow I moved to Nashville and eventually traded journalism in for the restaurant business. Now I'm about to turn 50 and find myself thinking of what could have been and what there is still time left to do.


I look at my boys and hear their dreams and wonder how long I'll be around to see their minds change, their interests form and the forks in the road lead them other places.

I don't want to see my life pass before my eyes.

I want a crystal ball to tell me what happens to my boys.

No comments: