Friday, May 8, 2009

May 1, 2009 Dear Therapist,

Dear Therapist,
I had another rough dream last night. Somehow I was laying down -- pinned down by a guy who had a knife at my back. Across the way was another guy with a knife pointed at my son Alex.

The guy next to me casually dropped his knife and I quickly picked it up. I figured the power turned.

"Go ahead and stab me," the guy says. "Then perhaps you can win a battle with the guy over there. Just think of this, though: he'll kill your kid before he does battle with you."

I froze.

"I know you think his (Alex's) life is more valuable than mine so I know you won't make a move."

So, what's this one mean?

Another protection dream, sure. But what was I supposed to do? What was I supposed to say? Of course I thought my kids' life was more valuable than this thug's. What does that say about me?

No comments: